“While we’re at it” is a common approach to making unplanned improvements when remodeling a home. It’s also common during any major IT restructuring or application upgrade that presents a symbiotic opportunity for improvement, like re-architecting file transfer.
In general, internal and external file transfer customers are looking for two things: better quality and functionality, and access to new services. With the right managed file transfer solution, you can deliver both by focusing solely on consolidating file transfer connections and processes, or as part of a larger IT initiative.
- Improve business relationships by ensuring high availability and reliability with guaranteed delivery, checkpoint/restart, resubmit, and near real-time document exchange (as opposed to batch or once daily).
- Provide the end-to-end visibility your IT staff, business managers, and trading partners need to better manage and predict cash flows, improve quality of service, and reduce costs. Real-time alerts allow them to detect and correct malfunctions before they become critical.
- Transparently enforce policy-driven governance and security measures to protect data and simplify compliance with industry and government regulations, as well as with your organization’s internal security and privacy policies.
Learn more here.
Risk is a natural byproduct of a complex file transfer environment — every new connection introduces more lifecycle management requirements (patches and upgrades), potential security vulnerabilities, and network changes that can trigger audits or service failures. If you don’t have a way to manage, monitor, and track how files are moving across these connections, the repercussions can be serious and far-reaching, including:
- Data losses and breaches, resulting in damaged brands and customer/partner relationships
- Regulatory violations and fines
- Missed business opportunities
However, you can mitigate these risks, improve agility, and derive more value from your existing IT assets with a single, easy-to-manage file transfer solution.
- Manage business protocols, file transfer protocols, messaging, encryption policies, and web services — all in one place.
- Use a single dashboard for all facets of administration, configuration, monitoring, and analysis of file transfer activities and applications.
- Use naming conventions that dramatically reduce customization workloads when implementing new data flows.
- Manage and track data traveling inside and outside your enterprise firewall — no matter what applications, systems, or platforms you or your trading partners have in place.
- Set and enforce global policies to secure data in transit, in the DMZ, and at rest on the server, regardless of the underlying transport network. Policy-based content filtering and encryption for automated and ad hoc file transfers ensure that human error does not cause a breach of confidential data.
- Give business and IT managers access to real-time event monitoring, reporting, and auditing so they can fast-track low-risk processes and highlight high-dollar, high-risk, or unusual transactions.
- Establish strong audit trails to protect against legal liability and demonstrate compliance with current and emerging regulations and standards.
Learn more here.