Whether you offer toothpaste, toys, or tractor parts, making the sale is about managing information as much as it’s about managing physical goods. Merchandising, pricing, and replenishing have to happen in near real-time to keep up with the frenetic pace of the shopping cycle. After all, consumers really don’t care why an item is out of stock or your prices seem too high — they’ll simply defect to a competitor. And if it takes days or weeks to respond to a change in the marketplace, someone else is going to beat you to it.
With the right solution, you can go beyond simple file transfer and demand real-time store-to-corporate and corporate-to-store data updates that give you the visibility you need to optimize pricing, inventory control, and targeted POS coupon and ad generation. You can see what’s happening at each point of sale, quickly get inventory data into your systems, and optimize ordering by pinpointing where data isn’t matching physical reality. And, you can aggregate intelligence up from the POS level for a complete picture of the enterprise, giving you the fastest, most secure way to synchronize your supply network, reduce costly administrative errors and penalties, and detect and correct issues before they become big, expensive problems.
Learn more here.
Why continue to do “business as usual” using unsecured FTP sites or an expensive monolithic system to connect remote store locations to your corporate systems, when you can have mainframe-style benefits without the administration and governance headaches?
You can mitigate risks, improve agility, and derive more value from your existing IT assets with a single solution for managed file transfer (MFT). By moving from point-to-point connections and integrations to a unified platform, you can:
- Eliminate processing latency by automating business processes and file transfers — including EDI — in a stable, secure, and easy-to-manage environment.
- Centralize IT support with a single dashboard for all facets of administration, configuration, monitoring and analysis of file-transfer activities and applications.
- Manage business protocols, file transfer protocols, messaging, encryption policies and web services — all in one place.
- Use naming conventions that dramatically reduce customization workloads when implementing new data flows, including non-standard data types and ad hoc file transfers (including email with unstructured file attachments).
- Streamline integration with all remote operations. Axway’s integration products support industry standards (such as AS2) by processing data from any source in any format — including all variants of XML and EDI.
The right integration products will enable you to send data on to recipient applications (order processing, invoicing/collections, warehousing and inventory management, for example) with the data structure and transport mode they require, and the precision timing they expect.
Learn more here.